The Conference will be hosted as a hybrid event with the in-person offering being at Protea Hotel Marriott in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Delegates who wish to travel will receive discounted rates when choosing to say at the hotel.
The 3rd African Philanthropy Conference is framed into 3 thematic areas and 9 sub-themes:
Philanthropy and Climate Change
- Philanthropy and Climate Change
- Subthemes: Food Security, Migration and Environmental Impacts
- Subthemes: Youth Participation, Youth Giving, Education and Awareness
- Subthemes: Technology Education, Technology Adoption and Systems Integration
Pre-event - African Philanthropy Academic Conference
This year's conference will have a pre-event. The Inaugural African Philanthropy Academic Conference is open to researchers, academics and postgraduate students, especially doctoral students, who have an interest and focus on African philanthropy and social investment.
Following a call for Research Abstracts, we look forward to hosting academics from across the globe on Tuesday, 2nd August 2022 in a hybrid format. For more information about the Academic Conference, please contact Coordinator Wycliffe Ndunga Ouma.
- You can look forward to hearing from the following renowned and expert speakers, among others:
- Alan Wallis, African Climate Foundation
- Elizabeth Mpofu, Smallholder farmer
- Prof. Gilbert Khadiagala, Wits University
- Prof. Bernard Lututala, Honorary Rector of the University of Kinshasa
- Meha Jouini, African Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Digital Technology
- Caroline Teti, GiveDirectly Africa